All fall sports teams are in full swing and playing very well! Come and join us at one of our sports events and cheer on our St. John Lions!! Please see the schedule of games by clicking on the "Read More" bar below.
This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it. Our theme passage for the 2017-2018 school year is from 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 and the first words are “Rejoice Always.” The Bible records 52 times that a form of the word REJOICE is used. I can’t help but think of the word rejoice as we begin our 35th year at St. John. This summer we had three new teachers come onto our staff. They have hit the ground running and are doing a great job. I can rejoice in their excellence as well as the excellence of the rest of the faculty.
As the school year approaches, I am looking forward to beginning new sports seasons and growing as a school. A few important notes to remember before the school year starts: practices will begin the first week of school this year. This is different from past years. The reason we are starting practice the first week is because we are starting a week later this year matching the public school system. The practice times and fall game schedule is currently on the sports calendar, keep checking for updates. Important dates to remember this fall: St. John Volleyball Tournament is on September 9th and the St. John Friendship Cup Soccer Tournament is on September 30th. We are always looking for people to be involved in concessions, clock, book, and other athletic positions. If you are interested in helping with those jobs or if you are interested in coaching, please let me know.
Mr. Brassow, Athletic Director
- Acoustic Tiles for Gym ($5,000)
- Bleachers for Gymnasium ($9000) (32 foot retractable)
- Outdoor Basketball Hoops ($2000 each)
- Tetherball ($200)
- New Computer Towers ($250 each)
- Hexagon Computer tables (2 needed) ($400 per table)
- iPads ($340 each)
- Chromebooks ($200 each)
- Outdoor light at end of driveway
- School sign by pond ($10,000-15,000)
- Lighting System for Plays & Performances ($5,000-$7,000)
- Recycle bins for all classrooms and computer room ($350)
- Window Blinds for Commons due to sunlight ($2,500)
- Tables for Small group room in the new addition
- Floor Cleaning Machine for concrete floors ($6000)
Making disciples of Jesus Christ through the Word and a Christ-centered curriculum.
The motto: ONE IN THE LIGHT
emphasizes the school's role to
- OUTREACH to the community,
- NURTURE the faith which begins at baptism and
- EQUIP to serve the Lord.